Job opportunity: Intern (m/f/d) in the program Indo German Programme on Universal Health Coverage at GIZ
The GIZ is looking for an intern in the program Indo German Programme on Universal Health Coverage in Eschborn, for a period of 6 months starting in November 2021.
Assignment period: 01/11/2021 - 30/04/2022
Application deadline: 14/19/2021
On behalf of the BMZ, Indo-German Programme on Universal Health Coverage (IGUHC) supports the Indian government in its goal of improving the social security system for informal sector workers and their families. The programme advices the central government, in particular the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and the National Health Authority (NHA) in the implementation of the health insurance PM-JAY which was launched in September 2018. At the state level we work with State Health Agencies (SHA). IGUHC provides policy advice and technical support to the central and state governments, carries out training and capacity building at central and state level and places consultants in various states. IGUHC also carries out demand and supply side impact evaluation in order to measure the impact of health insurance schemes. Since May 2020, the programme is additionally supporting the central government in its efforts to mitigate the effects of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
During your internship you will support the following tasks:
- Your tasks are composed of technical and organizational support to the project
- Technical tasks include, amongst others: technical assistance to consulting services to the Ministry, research, independent editing of topics
- Administration support include support in project management, preparation and follow-up of events and meetings, preparation of reports ad-hoc support of the programme director and other colleagues
- You are studying in the third semester (or higher) in a relevant subject, e. g. Economics, Health or Social Sciences
- You have a good knowledge of German Development Cooperation and possibly working experience in developing and emerging countries
- Previous knowledge in the field of social security/ social health insurance/ UHC will be an added advantage
- You should have excellent spoken and written German and English skills
- You should be familiar with MS Office products
- You need to possess a sense of responsibility, proactivity, creativity and capacity for teamwork, and are flexible and able to work autonomously
- You should be able to quickly adapt to new tasks and situations and have the ability to reproduce complex facts and results in a simple, clear and comprehensible manner
To apply for this position, please click here.