Innovation in the time of COVID-19: Developing and Scaling new Tools
Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and GBC Health are organizing an event on October 21st on the issue of "Innovation in the Time of COVID-19: Developing and scaling new tools in the against AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and emerging pandemics".
Friends and GBCHealth plan to hold a webinar focused on how private sector innovation in prevention, diagnostics and treatment are shaping the response to HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria across the globe. The webinar will also touch on the impact of COVID-19 on the three diseases and why the global health community must continue to remain committed to innovation to address it.
The objectives are to (1) showcase innovations in prevention, diagnostics, treatment and delivery including how these address COVID-19 as well as HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria, and broadly advance support the achievement of SDG 3; (2) promote and (among U.S. policy makers) call attention to the importance of private sector engagement in the work of the Global Fund; (3) encourage growing private sector engagement in the global health space and leadership on pandemics, and (4) advocate and provide visibility for the Global Fund.
- Philippe Jacon, Senio Vice-President Global Access, Cepheid
- Michael Joos, CEO, Vestergaard
- Helen McDowell, Head of Government Affairs & Global Public Health, ViiV Healthcare
- Zeda Rosenberg, Founder and CEO, Internationale Partnership on Microbicides
- Mark Lagon, Chief Policy Officer, Friends of the Global Fight (Moderator)
To register for the event, please click here.