The Steering Committee is responsible for the strategic planning, further development and direction of the Hub.
The Steering Committee consists of 16 representatives who on a parity basis represent the stakeholder groups science, private sector, civil society and youth as well as think tanks, foundations, the parliament and international organizations.
In addition, the future head of the Networking Platform "Research for Global Health" and the President of the World Health Summit are members and have voting rights. Representatives of the Federal Government (including the Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Federal Foreign Office, Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture) have joined the Steering Committee in an observer role.
The Steering Committee convenes up to three times a year to discuss current developments, set priorities, plan work and debate other related issues.
Based on the election results of September 9th, 2020, the steering committee of the Global Heath Hub Germany is composed as follows:
International organizations/international experts
- Dr. Stephanie Taché, Global Public Health
- Dr. Andreas Ulrich, Charité Berlin/ TU München/ University of Freiburg
- Sophie Gepp, Medical student at Charité Berlin
- Paul-Philipp Schnase, Student of political science and law at the University of Münster
- Heike Baehrens, MdB, German Bundestag
- Dr. Georg Kippels, MdB, German Bundestag
- Caroline Schmutte, Wellcome Trust
- Tobias Kahler, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Prof. Dr. Anna-Katharina Hornidge, German Development Institute (DIE)
- Dr. Ole Döring, Institute for Global Health Berlin e.V.
- Pia Graß, Central Electrical Engineering and Electrical Industry Association (ZVEI)
- Roland Göhde, German Health Alliance (GHA)
- Dr. Kathrin Happe, National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
- Prof. Dr. Till Bärnighausen, Heidelberg Institute for Global Health (University hospital Heidelberg)
- Dr. Gisela Schneider, German Institute for Medical Mission (Difäm e.V.)
- Sid Peruvemba, German Medical Aid Organization, action medeor e.V.