Job opportunity: Communications Manager at Women in Global Health
Women in Global Health is still looking for a Communications Manager starting as soon as possible.
Application Deadline: 07.09.2021
Are you passionate about global health, gender equity and challenging power structures? WGH needs you to join their global movement! WGH is a hybrid organization. Women in Global Health (WGH) has catalyzed a global network of national and regional chapters aiming to enable women from around the world to engage at all levels in decision-making, particularly for women that are under-represented in global health leadership, and especially from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Women in Global Health is seeking a dynamic remote-based Communications Manager to lead WGH’s global communications, with a focus on advocacy content writing and digital media.
- Fluent written grammar and spoken communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills to mentor a junior level Associate and seasonal interns
- High degree of comfort level working collaboratively as well as independently
- Knowledge of different social media platforms and nuances between audiences for each
- Graphic design skills (e.g. inDesign, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, etc.) and experience with data visualization is a bonus
- Familiar with social media management tools such as hootsuite
- Active interest in gender equity, diversity and global health issues
- First-level degree journalism, digital media, design, communications or related field; degree in public health, global health and/or gender studies is a bonus
- At least 4-6 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Experience working at an NGO/non-profit organisation focused on gender equity or global health organization
- At least one year of experience managing managing social media for an organization
- At least one year of experience producing digital events and event-related communications
- Experience with e-mail marketing and design platforms (e.g. MailChimp, Constant Contact, Canva, etc.)
For more information on the tasks envisioned and to apply for the position, please click here.